Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two Shirts for the Price of One

Rich and I have just come back from visiting Max and Robert in NYC. As always, it was a wonderful visit. Our visit is typically one sleep and three meals. Short and sweet. Long enough for some quality time, short enough, so that they will welcome us again the next time we show up!!

On Saturday night we went to one of my favorite restaurants, “Le Entrocote, and while we were dining I admired the shirt Max had on. Being the critical but loving mother that I am, Max was surprised and said both he and Robert bought the same shirt, but in different colors and they both share the two shirts. It was then, Robert said,” Yes, we both have two shirts for the price of one!”

That phrase struck me as the epitome of how a good relationship works. I have written on many occasions how lucky I am that Max and Robert have found each other, but I have come to see that it really is so much more than that.

They do have a little bit of the yin and yang thing going on,( responsible/not quite as responsible, but working on it), but for the most part, they seem totally congruous.

I would say that both of them, shares and plays well with others! Since Max is an only child, I am most proud of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment