Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN BLOG??

Yes you can! I know I’m not the only mother with a voice and after reading Sharon Zimmerman’s great story in the GBPFLAG summer newsletter I realized there are so many other parents and friends who can do this too.

Trust me, if there was a contest to be a blogger, I would have been voted “Most likely never to blog”. I struggle with our universal remote, the CD player is not my friend and changing the ringtone on my phone is not an option. My biggest nightmare has been when “password not recognized” pops up on my screen, it can bring me to my knees. So, if I can blog, so can you.

Although there have been many challenges starting this website, I do not regret the angst and adjada, for it has made me more of myself. I’ve come to realize that it doesn’t matter how many people read my blog, it’s about how it changes the lives of the readers.

So I say to you, don’t be shy, gather your courage and start thinking about starting one. Your friends and family will be educated and entertained by what you have to say. If you can make a difference in your own small way the reward from your hard work is “priceless”.

If you have any questions on how to get started, please contact me at oyveyhesgay@gmail.com. I am certainly not an expert but I would be happy to share what I know. What I have learned since joining PFLAG nine years ago is that when it comes to supporting your child, you find the courage.

Hugs, Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment